Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How To Choose A WCTC Program
Need help figuring out what program area best suits you? Check out the step by step guide below that can help you pick a satisfying program and career that aligns with your interests, skills and values.
Step 1: Explore Career Options
- Take a Work Style Quiz, which is a brief, easy-to-complete quiz, to learn your work style and what careers might be a good fit for you.
- Complete the longer Career Clusters Quiz to identify the top career clusters based on your interests and personality traits, and find out which WCTC programs lead to careers in those areas.
- For additional career assessments, attend the "Career Exploration" workshop. Workshop Schedule
Step 2: Research Careers and Programs
- Review Programs and Courses offered at WCTC to learn about the programs that match your assessment results.
- See a list of WCTC programs A-Z.
- Research job descriptions and outlook for programs of interest.
- Use O*NET to research labor market information including career descriptions, tasks, skills needed, salary, and outlook for career areas of interest.
- Explore Wisconomy to research careers and expected salaries for entry-level and experienced employees in Wisconsin. (Click on MyLMI Tool, then drag and drop County Wages.)