Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Are you interested in joining SGA?
Student Government Association (SGA)
The Student Government Association represents the needs, interests and concerns of all students at WCTC. SGA is made up of an executive board and a group of student senators representing each school on campus. It aims to:
- Represent the students' voice in College government
- Provide a liaison between the administration, faculty and students
- Promote citizenship and leadership among students
- Encourage improvement of WCTC and its surrounding communities
- Acquire and disseminate accurate information to the student body
- Develop social, cultural and recreational activities for the student body
- Coordinate and fund student organizations and activities
Would you like more information? Contact Rahsaan Dunn
All Student Government Association members must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a minimum of (6) credits each semester.
- Be in good behavioral standing with WCTC.
- Attend SGA meetings and mandatory events (described below)
- Obtain & maintain a minimum 2.25 GPA for Senators.
- Obtain & maintain a minimum 2.50 GPA for Executive Board Members.
- Senators must complete at least (2) office hours per week.
- Executive Board Members must complete at least (10) office hours per week.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT MEETINGS
Student Government Association Meetings are held every-other Friday during the semester with mandatory attendance. Meetings are from 12:30pm until 2:00pm; however, certain meetings may be adjourned earlier than expected or last longer than two hours.
- Be informed of the issues pertaining to SGA / Vote on Senate Business
- Participate and present ideas
- Be involved in appointed committees
- Be responsible for reporting information to fellow students from their school
- Present program ideas to Senate for improvement of student life on campus
- Duties vary with each position, for more information please reference the Student Government Association Constitution or contact the Assistant Director of Student Life.
- Summer Retreat (July/August)
- Children's Holiday Party (December)
- Fall Awards/PTK Induction Ceremony (December)
- Winter Commencement (December)
- Children's Spring Party (April)
- Spring Awards/NTHS Induction Ceremony (May)
- Spring Commencement (May)
STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION ELECTED POSITIONS
- Senator – School of Business (3)
- Senator – School of Applied Technologies (3)
- Senator – School of Health (3)
- Senator – School of Protective & Human Services (3)
- Senator – At-Large Student Body Representatives (3)
- Vice President
- Event Planner
- Student Equity & Inclusion - TBD
SGA ELECTION TIMELINE
Upcoming SGA Spring Events
Please keep an eye on your WCTC email as well as follow us on Facebook and Instagram for ways to stay connected.
Leadership Education & Development (LEAD)
The Student Life Office's Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) program is open to all regularly enrolled credit students. This program is designed to help you become an effective leader and a successful professional.
Spring LEAD Schedule
SGA Punch Card
To enter into a chance to win your Spring 2022 semester tuition, you must comply with the following rules:
- Attend any SGA or SGA sponsored event to receive a punch
- SGA punch card must have all 10 punches (cards can be combined to total 10)
- Participant must have C's or better in each Spring semester class
- All eligible SGA punch cards must be submitted to Student Life (C-121) by Friday, May 6th at 4:30pm
Odds of winning are dependent on the number of participating students who comply with the rules & deadline. No purchase necessary. Sponsored by SGA (Student Government Association). Contact Student Government Association for any questions.
Student Government Association
800 Main Street • Pewaukee, WI 53072
College Center • Room C-121
CLUBS and ADVISOR
- Active Minds
- Aesthetics Club
- Architecture Club
- BIT Connections
- Campus Christian Ministry
- Cosmetology Club (AM)
- Cosmetology Club (PM)
- Collegiate DECA
- Dental Assisting Club
- Dental Hygiene Club
- Early Childhood Education Club
- Fire Club
- Foundations of Teacher Education Club
- Graphics Club
- Health Information Student Club
- Hospitality Baking Culinary Club
- Interior Design Club
- Kappa Theta Rho (KOP)
- Medical Assistant Club
- Multicultural Student Union
- Nursing Club
- Owls With Dice
- Real Estate Club
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Surgical Technologists Club
- Veterans Club
- Web Design Club