Priority Application Deadline: November 1, 2019
Travel: July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020
The College’s Global Integration goal involves many different initiatives, people, and departments on campus. For some people, this means attending a conference where they learn how to infuse global content into a domestic classroom. Others may wish to learn more about education systems to better relate to students from other countries, and some others may wish to attend workshops to develop their intercultural communication skills. There are countless reasons to engage in global education!
The Global Education Center at WCTC has funding that can be used to support the College’s Global Integration efforts specifically through the types of events and activities outlined below. This is a competitive process; not all applications will be funded. Please note: If chosen to receive funds, all activities will have to be approved by the WCTC administration and all international travel must also receive WCTC District Board approval.
The deadline for priority consideration is November 1, 2019. Applications received after this date will be considered on a rolling basis as funding is available. Travel must take place between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020. Please select the option for which you are applying below.
Community Colleges for International Development (CCID) Annual Conference, February
• Applicants will be chosen to receive funds to cover conference attendance and related travel expenses up to $2,000.00 based on available funding.
• Examples: AAC&U, ICCI, NASBITE, WAIE, NAFSA, MIIIE, WISE, The Forum on Education Abroad, Diversity Abroad, etc.
• Proposals to attend conferences/events for the purpose of internationalization do not need to indicate a cost share.
• Proposals that are not specifically focused on internationalization must agree to a 50/50 cost share. An applicant can seek 50% sponsorship from their VP if the department does not have enough professional development money available.
Partnership development/relationship management activities
• Example: meeting with a partner school abroad to develop collaborative projects and activities.
• Travel in this category would likely relate to an existing or planned WCTC initiative with the identified partner institution.